Manual Handling Operations Course (half day)
This course is also available as a Private / In-house course on a date of your choosing. Please contact us on 01462 676444 for further details.
PRICE IS PER DELEGATE
price excludes VAT
16th March @ 1.30pm
14th April @ 8.30am
15th May @ 1.30pm
13th June @ 8.30am
26th July @ 1.30pm
23rd Aug @ 1.30pm
To book places on any of the dates above please call 01462 676444 or email email@example.com
Where one of our team will be happy to help.
Who will benefit
All staff but particularly those who are involved in manual materials handling.
Course Duration Half Day
To provide a basic awareness of Health & Safety in general and to give course members an appreciation of good movement, to lift and handling loads in a safe and efficient manner, thereby reducing the risk of injury.
To train personnel in the skills and techniques of manual handling
- Employers’ duties.
- Employees’ duties
- Accident statistics
- Typical accidents in handling
- Cumulative strain.
- Mechanics of the spine
- Principles of good movement (Human Kinetics)
- Handling heavy and awkward objects.
- Overcoming handling problems.
- Guidelines for assessment
- Assessing the task
- Assessing the load
- Assessing the working environment
- Assessing individual capability
- Controlling hazards
- Reducing risk to lowest level so far as is reasonably practicable.
Lectures, power point, videos, discussions and exercises.
Maximum Number of Individuals
Twelve delegates per course.